As seen on my mom's fridge
Hi, I'm Brandon, a Seoul-born, Melbourne-based street & documentary photographer.
After studying and working in the architecture and graphic design field for many years, I finally quit in 2017 to focus exclusively on photography.
Being reliant on my small camera and patience, I have since then roamed the streets in the world looking for those fleeting events that —for a split second— turn an ordinary scene into something unique and not reproducible!
- Australian Photographer of the year 2018 - Top 20 finalist / Travel & Street
- Australian Photographer of the year 2020 - commended / Travel & Street
- Australian Photographer of the year 2022- Top 20 finalist / Travel & Street
- Australasia’s Top Emerging Photographers 2021 presented by FUJIFILM - Commended
- dotART URBAN Photo awards ‘Selected 2020 & 2021’ - Street Photography
- dotART: Exhibit Around - Tales of the Unwritten selected authors with the following street photography collectives involved in the project - BULB Photos, iN-PUBLiC, Observe Collective, Un-posed, VoidTokyo and Women Street Photographers
- 35AWARDS 2018 Australian Top 30 finalist in reportage & Street photo
- Siena International Photo Awards 2022 - Street photography final round shortlist / 2020 shortlist
dotART: Exhibit Around - Tales of the Unwritten
Tales of the Unwritten is a collective tribute to street photography featuring 189 photographers from all over the world together with the selected authors of the street photography collectives involved in the project: BULB Photos, iN-PUBLiC, Observe Collective, Un-posed, VoidTokyo and Women Street Photographers.
Founded in 2003, F-STOP is a magazine featuring contemporary photography from established and emerging photographers from around the world. Each issue has a theme or an idea that unites the photographs to create a dynamic dialogue among the artists. and published online, bi-monthly.
- Issue #108 ‘Vacation’ group exhibition (August / September 2021)
- Issue #109 ‘Landscape’ group exhibition (October / November 2021)
- Issue #111 ‘Parenting’ group exhibition (February / March 2022)
-Issue #117 'Black and White' group exhibition (February - March 2023)
- Trieste Photo Days Tour 2021 Group Exhibit: URBAN 2021 @ Triste Airport (4 August - 2021 to 31 August 2021)
- Blank Wall Gallery, Group Exhibition - Street Photography 19 November – 1 December 2021
- Blank Wall Gallery, Group Exhibition - Life in the Pandemic Friday, January 21 – Wednesday, February 2, 2021
- International group exhibition 'Surveillance Society. The State of Control' curated by LoosenArt. Millepiani Rome, 3rd - 11th May 2022
Contact me on email@example.com for any inquiries.
Currently based in Melbourne, Australia. Available worldwide.