A fascination with people and the way they live their lives is what drives me.
The uncertainty, constant challenges, the true joy of capturing that split-second moment, along with the consideration of light,
texture and elements all perfectly in place is why I dive into the 'fascination' wherever I am with my camera.
As seen on my mom's fridge
Hi, I'm Brandon, a Seoul-born, Melbourne-based street & documentary photographer.
After studying and working in the architecture and graphic design field for many years, I finally quit in 2017 to focus exclusively on photography. Being reliant on my small camera and patience, I have since then roamed the streets in the world looking for those fleeting events that —for a split second— turn an ordinary scene into something unique and not reproducible.
Awards, Publications and exhibitions
- Australian Photographer of the year 2018 - Top 20 finalist - Travel & Street
- Australian Photographer of the year 2020 - commended / Travel & Street
- Australasia’s Top Emerging Photographers 2021 presented by FUJIFILM - Commended
- dotART URBAN Photo awards ‘Selected 2020 & 2021’ - Street Photography
- dotART: Exhibit Around - Tales of the Unwritten selected authors with the following street photography collectives involved in the project - BULB Photos, iN-PUBLiC, Observe Collective, Un-posed, VoidTokyo and Women Street Photographers
- 35AWARDS 2018 Australian Top 30 finalist in reportage & Street photo
- Featured on F-STOP Magazine Issue #108 ‘Vacation’ group exhibition (August 2021)
- Siena Photo Awards 2020 shortlist
- Featured in The Fleeting Moments Magazine - 'Project Glenferrie'
- International Collective Exhibition: Trieste Photo Days 2021 in Italy
Contact me on email@example.com for any inquiries.
Currently based in Melbourne, Australia. Available for documentary works worldwide.